Join an Award Winning Team
Below are some of the reasons to consider joining the Greenville Water team! Click here to view our open positions and to access our secure online system to submit an application.
Due to the volume of applicants, we only accept applications during stated open times for each position.
Top 3 Reasons for considering a career with Greenville Water:
- You would be joining a 100-plus year old company that diligently protects our watersheds, ensures our treatment practices are highly effective, and provides our customers with pure, safe drinking water.
- In 2011, the Greenville Water Commission adopted a resolution to engage in Community Outreach efforts to promote conservation & sustainability initiatives; support local organizations and events; and provide community involvement opportunities for Greenville Water Employees.
- Great health benefits including health, dental, prescription, and vision.
Supplementary health benefits through AFLAC are an option available to employees.
- Great life insurance plans: company-paid basic life and options and buy-up options for employee and spouse.
- Retirement benefits Greenville Water employees participate in the South Carolina Retirement System. www.retirement.sc.gov
- South Carolina Deferred Compensation (401 (K) & 457 plans) are available to Greenville Water employees. www.southcarolinadcp.com
- Competitive wage & salary program. Each job is included in a classification that defines its job description and level in the organization. The system of classifications partners with our compensation structure to determine pay levels and ensure that the employees are working and being paid at the appropriate levels.
- College Tuition Reimbursement. Greenville Water encourages all employees to further their education and knowledge through participation in an Educational Assistance Program. The purpose of the program is to maintain a qualified and competent staff, trained to meet the needs of our utility and to encourage self-development for individual advancement.
- Professional Development. Greenville Water will pay 100 percent of the cost of approved, special technical or skill courses, (typing, basic electricity, etc.) needed for employee development or job improvement. Greenville Water encourages employees to join and actively participate in professional associations such as the American Water Works Associations, American Society of Civil Engineers, and many others.
- Live in Greenville, SC! LifeInGreenville.com describes Greenville as “The perfect blend of big city excitement and small town simplicity.” www.LifeInGreenville.com. Other helpful links that describe our city include: