Connecting with the Community
Greenville Water is a not-for-profit water agency whose mission is to provide quality water and a sustainable future for the upstate South Carolina. Through its Commission, GW distributes community contributions through direct funding and volunteerism. GW actively supports community events that have a positive impact on the quality of life in the GW service area.
Community Sponsorship Objectives
- Fund significant projects or programs that have lasting, positive impacts in the areas of
environmental awareness, conservation, water education
& STEM (science, technology, engineering, & math) education
- Strengthen relationships with organizations and the community at large
- Provide visibility, positive public outreach and recognition for GW
- Provide an opportunity to educate local youth about water resources and the environment
Application Review Process
The sponsorship committee, made up of two GW Commissioners and the CEO, shall manage the applications/requests received as follows:
- Requests must be made with sufficient information to allow for proper committee review.
- Reviews will be based upon Community Sponsorship Objectives.
- A summary of requests will be provided to the complete Commission at a Commission meeting following each Committee review.
- Applicants will be notified within 30 days of a decision.
- Applications must be completed in full in order to be considered.
Grant requests that support the following will not be considered:
- Tickets for contests or raffles with prizes
- Religious organizations
- Trips or tours for groups
- Political or partisan organizations or events
- Out of service area donations